Friday, 26 September 2014

Flash Fiction Friday: Arrival



As it's Friday I'm flashing, with a little sci-fi for a change


Arrival

Staring into the night sky I watched as the strange light, which had just been hovering for about an hour, crash down in to a field less than a couple of miles away. Stunned I ran from the house, in just jeans and Stetson, jumped on the nearest stallion and rode as fast as I could towards the crash site expecting to find a small aircraft, and possibly casualties in desperate need of help
What I didn't expect to find was the strange cylindrical object, glowing with a strange purple aura, half embedded in the earth and surrounded by virtually naked figures.


©JSMorbius

8 comments:

The AfterDark World with Ray Sostre said...

Intriguing. What could it be?

Angelica Dawson said...

Very curious!

Muffy Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Muffy Wilson said...

Well, I consider it a good day anytime I run into a group of nudists, of any nationality! You are right, it is a departure for you but I enjoyed it. The ending was a twist and a surprise. xo

Dariel Raye said...

Interesting. I love sci-fi and you have quite an imagination! Now I want to know more about these "figurines" ;-)

Doris O'connor said...

Oh, I like this take. Fab flash :-)

Naomi said...

You can't leave it there. What happens next, who are they? Great flasher

Rolling Muse in The Roses said...

WOW!! I was not expecting this twist in the story. I loved the alien take, and a hot guy on a stallion. :) Awesome flash!