Tuesday 25 March 2014

Tantalizing Tuesday Teaser: Reborn, at last



Reborn, at last

Pushing with all my strength I felt the heavy granite slab shift just enough to let a sliver of light enter. Using all my strength I curled my fingers around the exposed edge, pushed with all my strength and gasped as the night air rushed in to my lungs. It had been so long since I had tasted fresh air, and I almost choked in my greed to inhale more than I needed.
With a final push I slid the heavy slab to the side and, for a few seconds, lay there staring at the moonlit sky as I took more lungfuls of air. Feeling my strength return slowly after so long under the ground I eased myself upright, and stepped out of my final resting place.
Hurriedly I turned, slid the slab back over the grave and moved deeper in to the woodland. Inhaling deeply as I went I eventually caught the smell of what I needed and made my way onward silently, stealthily, until I came across the two of them sitting by a small camp fire. In a flash, and before they had a chance to react, I sank my teeth in to the soft flesh of their necks.


©JSMorbius

4 comments:

Raven McAllan said...

This gives me shivers. real shivers... Brilliant

Molly Synthia said...

Loved this one, Julez. More than tantalizing and definitely a tease. Makes me want to rent some good old fashioned old-school horror movies, pop some popcorn, and look over my shoulder for the whole night.

Anonymous said...

So very dark and atmospheric, love it!

Mangus Khan said...

I enjoyed how you glided us exactly on what you wanted us to see....well done. thank you for sharing