Friday 29 March 2013

Flash Fiction Friday: Return to Paradise



Return to Paradise

After weeks trekking through the jungle trying to find the waterfall I finally found myself staring at exactly what I had been looking for, the place where I had first laid my eyes on the woman that had consumed my thoughts ever since.
Only that day, as soon as she saw me watching her from the very spot I was standing on now, she swam through the waterfall and vanished. I tried to follow and swam after her but once through the waterfall I had found myself alone, in a large cavern, she was nowhere to be seen.

©JSMorbius2013

http://flasherfictionfriday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/29-march-2013.html

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope he finds her on his return visit. Definitely a disturbing frustration not to find her and explore the possibilities.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that really makes you wonder. Who/what is she? Why did she disappear? Will he find her again? Great stuff, Julez.

Angelica Dawson said...

Nice and mysterious, great tease.

gemma parkes said...

Lovely piece Julez, hope he finds her!

Muffy Wilson said...

Wonderful tease Julez! I love unrequited love with a dash of panicked obcession, don't you?:) xo

Naomi Shaw said...

Great flasher. I so hope he finds her to gain happiness

Rolling Muse in The Roses said...

Ohh who could she be? A magical maiden of the jungle? I def want to know who she is and if he ever finds her. Awesome post. :)

S.J. Maylee said...

So sad and mysterious. This flash deserves a part two with a happy ending. Pretty please :)