Tuesday 14 August 2012

Interview from The Crypt: Lee Brazil



Welcome Creatures of the Night.

I am so glad you could join me today for an occasion which will be talked about for years to come. For today I am proud to bring you the resurrection of The Interview From The Crypt and my first guest is the amazingly talented author Lee Brazil.

First of all I would just like to say welcome to The Crypt and thank you for stopping by today.

Thank you very much for inviting me.

Why don’t you introduce yourself to my Creatures of the Night and tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Lee Brazil. I’m an author of mm romance for Breathless Press, Silver Publishing and The Story Orgy. In my previous life, I taught grammar and composition.

When did you first begin to write? Was there a specific moment or did something happen to make you think ‘I could be a writer’?

I started writing as a child, but I never actually thought I could do it as a career.
Except for that one delusional year after I got my associate's degree and moved to NY to write. That's when I discovered there were things I liked better than writing. Like eating, and sleeping with a roof over my head and electricity.

What are you currently working on? Would you mind giving the readers a quick synopsis in 100 words or less?

Currently I'm working on a holiday story for my Truth or Dare series. It features the characters Donovan and Mischa from the first novella, Keeping House. We always end a book by giving the reader the impression that everything is going to be wine and roses and HEA. Those in real life relationships know that every successful union has its ups and downs. This story is about one of Donovan and Mischa's down moments.

Where do you draw your inspiration for your stories, characters and settings?

Inspiration comes from many sources, a picture, an overheard phrase, a memory.

Is there one particular genre you prefer writing in and is there a genre you would never attempt and if so why?

I enjoy writing contemporary romance. I'm not sure there is something I could say I'd NEVER try, but there are things, like pure horror, that I'd be insecure about trying.

If you weren’t a writer/ couldn’t write anymore what would you do?

I'd probably go back to teaching. I did enjoy it, but it’s a very all encompassing career.

If you could become a member of the opposite sex for 24 hours what would be the first thing you would do?

*blinks* Get laid? You know, purely for research reasons…just to see what it would be like…

Which fantasy creature/being do you like the most?

I'm partial to the ancient mythical creatures like the Medusa and the seven headed hydra.

If you could be your favourite fantasy figure what would be the first thing you would do?

When I was a kid I pretended I was Merlin the Magician. So if I were Merlin, I'd probably do something awesome, like trap all the politicians in the world under a polar ice cap. Yeah. Then we could start over with a clean slate. What? You said fantasy.

What scares you the most?

Once again, harkening back to childhood, there was a kitchen fire – just a small one, really, but it seemed huge and terrifying to my four-year old eyes. Since then, I have a great fear of uncontrolled fire. Paradoxically, I love a fire in the fireplace or a beach bonfire.

Favourite film?

Star Trek II- "I have been and always shall be your friend." Powerful stuff.

Worst film you have ever seen?

Oh, too many to count. I don't really remember the bad ones…

Favourite book?

John Steinbeck's East of Eden, it's a Cain and Abel parable that really explores the nature of good and evil.

When you go shopping what is the one thing that you always HAVE to buy?

Coffee.

Going back to favourite film write an erotic scene featuring the main characters in 100 words or less.

Er…Don't you think there's enough Kirk and Spock fan fic out there already?

And finally, just for a light hearted end to the interview.
What words would you want etched on your tombstone ?

Just steal a line from Shelley- "Soul meets soul on lover's lips"

Thank you for joining me today and I would like to wish you all the best in future endeavours.

Thanks for having me on.  Can I get a candle to light my way out of here? 

Below are just a selection of Lee's available books. For more titles and information you can visit Lee at:







6 comments:

Jade said...

I love that interview! I learned about Lee's chilhood, how cool is that??? Well done Julez and Lee!!

Emily said...

Thanks for the interview! I love Lee's books!

Anonymous said...

What a fun interview! Thanks Julez and Lee. :)

Havan said...

I'm already a huge believer that Lee is terrific...this interview helps concrete it...you too Julez *winks*

Lee Brazil said...

Thanks for all the kind comments! Thank you, Julez for having me here!

Pablo Michaels said...

I wanted to learn more about Lee and this interview enlightened me as to her life and writing. Thank you both for sharing.