Tuesday 21 August 2012

Interview from The Crypt: Cree Walker



Children of the Night welcome to yet another Interview from The Crypt, today featuring the exceptionally talented Cree Walker.


First of all I would just like to say welcome to The Crypt and thank you for stopping by today.

Why don’t you introduce yourself to my Creatures of the Night and tell us a little about yourself.
I am author Cree Walker. I have two books out right now Whisper on a Scream and it’s sequel Willing Sacrifice. I’m currently contracted for a third, A Winter’s Grave . I don’t do much besides hanging out with friends, working and writing. My perfect day would be hanging out in the woods with my dogs and my man. I live in northern Maine and for those of you who don’t know, that’s that huge section north of Stephen King’s Bangor J  

When did you first begin to write? Was there a specific moment or did something happen to make you think ‘I could be a writer’?
I first began to write in high school. I had a lot of teenage angst from being a state kid and I needed a way to vent that without getting arrested. My moment came only a few years ago when my then boyfriend discovered I was a writer. It was a huge secret and I worried he’d laugh at the idea…only he didn’t. He told me to promise him that I would at least try to get published and when the door wasn’t slammed in my face the way I’d expected it to it gave me enough encouragement to continue. 

What are you currently working on? Would you mind giving the readers a quick synopsis in 100 words or less?
Right now I’m working on a book called Maple Manor Home for Retired Supernaturals. It is a comedy about a part vampire, Maple, who’s inherited her family’s retirement home and the supernatural residents within it. She has a lot of growing up to do, having spent most of her adult years messing around in college but with the lessons learned from her elderly friends she is able to defeat her high school arch nemesis, save Maple Manor and find love in her handyman who’s also a part-time stripper and a full time sex demon.

Where do you draw your inspiration for your stories, characters and settings?
Well for that particular story, it came to me in a dream. But mostly it comes to me while I’m listening to music or working with my hands. That gives me enough time to get bored and slip into daydreaming…something I do much too much of for an adult.

Is there one particular genre you prefer writing in and is there a genre you would never attempt and if so why?
Oh I really prefer writing in paranormal. I had a friend ask me one time if I’d ever thought of writing a normal book. I said why would I do that when paranormal is my thing and it’s also a top selling genre right now. I love the darker side of things but I also like to make them humorous. 
 
If you weren’t a writer/ couldn’t write anymore what would you do?
I’d probably watch a lot more television and weep.

If you could become a member of the opposite sex for 24 hours what would be the first thing you would do?
I hang out a lot with guys…enough so that they’ve stopped editing what they say in front of me. But if I were a guy for a day I would want to see how many women’s numbers I could get, just by knowing what I know as a woman.

Which fantasy creature/being do you like the most?
That’s a tough one…but I think I like the werewolves in my first novels the best.

If you could be your favorite fantasy figure what would be the first thing you would do?
This is going to be selfish. I would want to be Batman…the dude’s loaded. Then the first thing I would do would be to go on an incredibly cool vacation somewhere I can’t afford to go…so that’s pretty much anywhere.

What scares you the most?
Failure!

Favorite film?
Snatch, not only does Brad Pitt have his shirt off for like two thirds of it but it’s also a very twisted tale.

Worst film you have ever seen?
The Expendables. Normally I love these guys all individually but if I had to swallow one more cheesy line I was going to vomit.

Favourite book?
That’s another tough one but I think the book that changed the way I read the most would have to be Janet Evanovich’s One for the Money. The entire series is a riot.

When you go shopping what is the one thing that you always HAVE to buy?
I buy a lot of ebooks and I’m a very grateful for my Kindle because I was simply running out of shelf space. Couple this with the fact that you get them instantly, you’re saving trees and they are more affordable and I’m in Heaven. I buy at least four a month so I’m very very grateful.

Going back to favourite film write an erotic scene featuring the main characters in 100 words or less.
Sorry there is no love interest in Snatch…ironic huh J

And finally, just for a light hearted end to the interview.
What words would you want etched on your tombstone ?
Oldest woman to ever write a book. Famous author Cree Walker may you rest in peace.

Thank you for joining me today and I would like to wish you all the best in future endeavours.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be here today. 


Sugar Lubec is the daughter of two bitten werewolf parents. When Born werewolf, Jack Coon, is sent by the Council to eliminate the daughter of their greatest enemy, he thinks his chance for revenge has finally come – that is until he meets Sugar for the first time. Now he has to not only convince the Council that Sugar isn't a threat to them, but that she maybe the very key to save their dying race.



Sugar is the widowed wife of Alpha werewolf Jack Coon. Werewolves mate for life, and normally when a mate dies the other is soon to follow, but Sugar won’t and Jack’s ghost isn’t giving up yet. He wants what every werewolf wants…a forever mate, and if Sugar won’t die naturally he’s willing to force the situation.

In this story Sugar makes several willing sacrifices for her freedom and that of her Pack – some of which that will haunt her forever, and one that puts her in debt to a Reaper


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course I love the interview :) I look forward to reading both of your works, JS and Cree :)