Friday 23 April 2021

An introduction to Xavier


https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B092W8BDPS

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092W8BDPS


Synopsis

    Will deception be the end of Isaac and Xavier's budding love, or will Isaac give in to the promises made for love eternal?

    Isaac instantly becomes intrigued with a handsome man he notices across the room at the club. Turns out, this man has certainly noticed Isaac, and has been watching him the entire night. Too bad he's disappeared before Isaac could make a move.

    For the next few weeks the man seems show up everywhere Isaac is, constantly watching him. The more he sees the mysterious stranger, the deeper his interest becomes. Oddly, every time Isaac makes a move toward the mystifying stranger, he disappears from view, almost as if he were a ghost.

    Xavier has been searching for centuries for someone just like Isaac. Someone he could spend his life with, share his dreams with, and eventually, continue his bloodline. He sets off a little game of cat and mouse, designed to tempt Isaac into getting to know him. Xavier isn’t an ordinary man, though, and he hides a big secret until the very end.


Excerpt

I hadn’t ever been to the club previously. I didn’t even know it existed prior to then. Ever since the day I first walked in and saw him, I knew I wanted –no, needed– to get to know him. He stood just a shade over six feet tall, looked strong, without being overly muscular, and his hair was the color of the darkest night. How I wished I could have gotten close to him that night, to see him within a direct proximity, but it was not to be.

As soon as he saw I was watching him, he seemed to disappear into the darkness of the club. No matter where I looked, I just couldn’t find him again. I didn’t have to worry, though I wish I knew this at the time, because it wasn’t going to be the last time I saw him. In fact, from that night forward I saw him everywhere. In the streets, at work, in shops, literally everywhere I would go. However, oddly enough, every time I tried to get within a stone's throw of him, he would seem to vanish. I honestly couldn't explain it, not even to myself.

It soon became almost like a game, I would see him, make to move toward him and he would be gone, just like that. It was as if he were toying with me, testing me, seeing just how much I wanted to get near him. I must have passed his test, because after a few weeks of the dematerializing act, he began to let me get closer. Not close enough to speak to him, or even to make out his features perfectly, but closer than he did at the start. At first, it was just two or three steps closer, then five or six, but soon I was getting to within five feet of him and when I did, he would still turn and dissipate, though I never could see just how he did it. One minute he'd be in my line of sight, and the next, I'd blink, the area where he'd stood was empty.

It seemed impossible anyone could just disappear into a crowd like he did, but I was witnessing it with my own eyes. It even got to the stage where if I jumped forward I would be able to touch him, and I thought about trying it but the look in his eyes told me not to. Something sinister there, an odd, dark kind of spark perhaps, sent shivers running down my spine each time I even speculated about reaching out a hand to touch him.

 

No comments: