Tuesday 17 January 2017

Tantalizing Tuesday Tease: Love is all that matters


Love is all that matters

Ever since I'd first seen Brooke, on social media, I knew she was the woman for me. We spent hours, every day for a couple of months, getting to know nearly everything about each other. The trouble was I could tell she was hiding something, something she said she would only tell me face to face. Knowing she was the one for me whatever she had to tell me wouldn't change my feelings for her, we quickly arranged our first date.
Taking her to a quiet restaurant she dropped the bombshell, between our main course and dessert, that she was a pre-op transsexual. Almost choking on my wine I lifted my head, and stared deep into her eyes.
“I know I should have told you sooner,” she whispered. “I'm so sorry, and I'll understand if you want to walk away.”
Smiling at her I put my glass down, reached forward and took her hand in mine.
“Let me tell you something,” I began. “Ever since I first saw your picture I knew you were the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, so walking away from you is never going to happen.”


©JSMorbius

4 comments:

Sally Bend said...

Lovely - such a blissfully happy story in so few words. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, this is so lovely <3

Angelica Dawson said...

Fantastic little scene. Love his determination. I'm sure it will be rewarded.

Anonymous said...

Not just romantic, but I love the ending to it. Great post, Julez.