Tuesday 26 July 2016

Tantalizing Tuesday Tease: My way




My Way

Regrets I've had a few.
Fuck, Frank, that's one hell of an understatement. I've had a lot more than a few
Taking another mouthful of the burning liquid from the bottle I shivered, as it set fire to my throat on the way down.
Sitting there with the only friend I had in the world, a bottle of Jack Daniels, I wondered why the fuck I was still here. Then realized it was probably because if I tried to end it I'd fuck that up just like I'd fucked up everything else I'd ever tried.
Another mouthful and the haunting words of Frank Sinatra filled my mind again.
Too few to mention.
Yeah right Frank I'd had that fucking many I had lost fucking count. The self-harming, the failed marriages, in fact my failure at fucking everything and anything. Still none of it mattered any more, not now, now I could, and would, do anything I wanted.
The trouble was though all I wanted to do was empty this bottle and then start another, if I was still capable.


©JSMorbius

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was deep; very good. I read this through, and I was amazed at how well it turned. Something identifiable. Great piece Julez.

Angelica Dawson said...

I've never come face to face with alcoholism, but you give me a picture that I can believe. I'm definitely familiar with the feeling of futility and regret. Fantastic teaser.

Anonymous said...

Such a haunting tease. Just fabulous, Julez.