Friday 8 July 2016

Flash Fiction Friday: Ship of dreams



Ship of dreams

As I stood on the dock, watching the cruise liner getting ever closer, I started to panic. I had waited months for this moment yet something, from deep inside the pit of my stomach, told me to ready for disappointment. After all my whole life had been filled with disappointment, so why would today be any different. Still I waited as the ship pulled in to the dock, and the walkway was lowered.
Watching as people began disembark I continued to stare, until I finally saw her. The most beautiful woman I had ever met, the woman of my dreams, had really meant it when she said she was coming.


©JSMorbius

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A premonition that came true. Sounds like a possibility. Great post, Julez.

Naomi Shaw said...

I hope all goes well and he's not disappointed. Great flash

Rolling Muse in The Roses said...

Awwww!!!! I love this! I hope she fulfills his dream and his string of bad luck turns around finally. Sweet beautiful flash!