Friday 20 May 2016

Flash Fiction Friday: The Lake



The Lake

I'd been watching her, hidden on the banks of the lake, moving gracefully through the water for what felt like hours when she suddenly stopped.
“Why don't you join me?” she called over.
For some unknown reason the urge to join her overpowered me and I made my way to the edge of the water, removing my clothes as I walked and dived in. Swimming over to her I was stunned when she placed her arms around my neck, and her legs around my waist, before leaning in close.
“Finally,” she purred in my ear, before suddenly dragging me under the surface.



©JSMorbius

2 comments:

Angelica Dawson said...

Oh, is that nefarious at the end? You certainly leave it open to interpretation!

Rolling Muse in The Roses said...

You and I had similar thoughts and I love it! You def need to expand on this. Of who she is creature wise and what created this little scene. I love it!