Friday 7 February 2014

Flash Fiction Friday: My loneliest journey






My loneliest journey

Laying beneath the large oak with my back towards everyone else in the park, so they couldn't see the tears tumbling from my eyes, I felt more alone than I had ever been.
Most of the people I'd considered friends had abandoned me, my own family had disowned me and the few friends I did have left weren't sure how to behave around me, although I had begged them to treat me as they always had, even though I knew that was going to be virtually impossible for them because, after all, it's not every day your lifelong friend begins the transition from male to female.

©JSMorbius






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that unexpected ending!

Muffy Wilson said...

Beautiful use of this photo, Jules. Painful truth, even more painful is the abandonment, loneliness and heartbreaking statistics. Bravo, Julez...! xo

Naomi Shaw said...

The sadness lies with other people's inability to accept a person who is slightly different to themself. Their sadness often turns to anger and bullying.
I really feel for her and hope she can dry her eye's and realize it is their problem, not hers.

OneUniqueWoman said...

wel stated, emotional, nicely written.... hugs T

Brantwijn said...

Thought provoking. I really love how this one makes you think.

Rolling Muse in The Roses said...

Beautifully written, powerful and full of emotion. I hope she finds someone to be with and friends that will accept her for her. Great flash!