Tuesday 2 July 2013

Tantalizing Tuesday Teaser: Searching (A tale from beyond the grave)


Welcome to The Crypt for Tantalizing Tuesday Teaser once more my friends. As with last week I have spoken to the tortured souls, who roam The Crypt in the dead of night, for another spooky tale from beyond the grave.


Searching (A tale from beyond the grave)

I'd been walking around the cemetery for hours, ever since the early evening light had faded into the blackest of night, examining each and every stone carefully. I knew it was here, somewhere, the stone that I was looking for. Yet the more, wrong, stones I passed the more I became disenchanted with my search.
I had never realized just how many people had been laid to rest in these sacred grounds or how far apart the ages would range. There were small, yet ornately designed stones, painstakingly handcrafted from the finest marble, for lost loved ones of all ages mixed with old, moss-covered, crumbling stones that seem to have been neglected for years and I wondered what the grave I was looking for would look like.
Turning down yet another stone path and glancing from one stone to the next the name I was seeking still evaded me, until I suddenly stopped. Underneath the overhanging branches of an old tree with the last few leaves of summer hanging precariously, defiant to the onset of Autumn, I saw exactly what I had been searching for, my own grave.
At last I could finally rest in peace.

©JSMorbius2013


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fabulous piece beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! Awesome flash. I have chills!

Naomi Shaw said...

Gave me chills. Excellent teaser

Unknown said...

Your descriptions of the headstones very accurate. Nice twist for the end.