Friday 28 June 2013

Flash Fiction Friday 28th June 2013



FLASH

FICTION

FRIDAY




As I eased the door open slowly, my hand resting on the gun at my hip, the sliver of light showed me the faintest outline of her. Pushing the door more I inched into the room, the light now covering most of her form. With tears clouding my vision, I was convinced I was too late.
Blindfolded, her hands covered with dried blood, I could see my ring still on her finger and I dropped to my knees by her side.
As I did one of her eyes opened and a smile began to form on her lips.
I knew you'd come.”


©JSMorbius2013


4 comments:

Naomi Shaw said...

Great flash. Now I need to know more of the story. Who are the characters? What is there relationship but above all why the blood? Please write more Julez.

Anonymous said...

Ah, great flash. Glad he got to her :-)

Unknown said...

Positive and romantic end for her her. Glad she wasn't dead. he wasn't too late.

S.J. Maylee said...

You've captured quite the moment and delivered it with sweet anticipation. Loved it.