Thursday 13 September 2012

Promo and Interview with Tracey H. Kitts

Welcome Children of the Night to a special joint promo and interview featuring the exceptionally talented Tracey H. Kitts. To begin I shall let you get to know Tracey a bit better as I bring you her Interview from The Crypt. Once you know the author don't run from The Crypt, you will be perfectly safe, hang around and check out her latest work Bitten.


AUTHOR BIO:

I write paranormal, sci-fi, and fantasy romance. I have wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. I write what I enjoy in the hopes that others will enjoy it as well. I've always been drawn to the macabre. Vampires, werewolves, you name it. I've never written about the paranormal because it's popular. I do it because that's what I'm interested in. If the vampire fad ever passes, I'll still be sitting here in my Dracula cape, getting my fang on.



INTERVIEW FROM THE CRYPT

First of all I would just like to say welcome to The Crypt and thank you for stopping by today.

Why don’t you introduce yourself to my Creatures of the Night and tell us a little about yourself.

Thank you very much for having me today. My name is Tracey H. Kitts. I write paranormal, sci-fi, and fantasy romance. I’ve combined everything I love about my favourite genres in my books. I also have a fondness for anything with fangs.

When did you first begin to write? Was there a specific moment or did something happen to make you think ‘I could be a writer’?

I always knew that someday I would write for a living. One day about 5 years ago, I decided it was time to get started. I’ve written for my own entertainment since I was little.

What are you currently working on? Would you mind giving the readers a quick synopsis in 100 words or less?

I just completed a re-edit and expansion of Bitten. For the moment, I’m going to force myself to take a few weeks off. Ha. Ha.

Synopsis of Bitten:

Sandra Ashton is a witch who suddenly finds herself dating three vampires. So, what do you do when you’ve got three immortal beings professing their undying or is that undead love for you? You agree to what they like to call, “joint custody.”

WARNING: This book contains graphic language, violence, and lots of sex.

This book was previously published. It has since been revised, re-edited, and expanded.


Where do you draw your inspiration for your stories, characters and settings?

I have so much fun inventing new characters. It’s like meeting new people. I literally draw inspiration from everything. I never know what might inspire me. It could be a song, or a picture, or a stranger I saw on the beach. Anything at all.

Is there one particular genre you prefer writing in and is there a genre you would never attempt and if so why?

Paranormal Romance is for me. That’s just the way it is. This genre is everything I love all mixed into one. The only genre I would never (I hate to say never) attempt to write is sweet inspirational romances. Not that there’s anything wrong with them. It’s just not my thing. I don’t think I could go a whole book without a character using bad language or making at least a sexual reference. My characters are realistic for their settings and are definitely unrestrained when it comes to their personalities. I want people to read something that is believable for the world it takes place in.

If you weren’t a writer/ couldn’t write anymore what would you do?

Go crazy and be miserable. That’s an option, right? Ha. Ha. If I HAD to do something else, I would be an artist or an actor.

If you could become a member of the opposite sex for 24 hours what would be the first thing you would do?

Honestly? I’d want to have sex with a woman. I’m not attracted to other women, but I’d be fascinated to know what that’s like from a man’s perspective.

Which fantasy creature/being do you like the most?

Unicorns. (Stop laughing.) I’ve loved them since I was a child.

If you could be your favourite fantasy figure what would be the first thing you would do?

I’d see if I had any magical powers. And maybe threaten someone with my horn.

What scares you the most?

I’m not sure. There are certainly things I find disturbing. But actual fear? I suppose to have lived and died and have no one even notice. That is truly terrifying to me.

Favourite film?

I love movies. Watching and collecting old horror films is a hobby of mine. At the moment, I’m still loving the newest version of The Wolfman. But my favourites change all the time.

Worst film you have ever seen?

This is a tough one too. I’ve seen some really awful films. One of the worst I’ve seen lately was called Mr. Hush. It’s so bad that I finished it simply to laugh at the bad acting. It looked like a project a bunch of high school kids put together.

Favourite book?

I adore the Harry Potter series, but my favourite book would have to be the very first, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone.

When you go shopping what is the one thing that you always HAVE to buy?

Scented candles or air freshener. I always want my house to smell fresh and clean.

Going back to favourite film write an erotic scene featuring the main characters in 100 words or less.

He ran his hands through her hair, and she felt his claws against her scalp. “I always knew you were an animal,” she said, but not as if it was an insult.

He growled as she tore open his shirt, intent on getting her freak on with a wolfman in the middle of the woods.

Okay, so I was just having fun with that. Ha. Ha. Ha.

And finally, just for a light hearted end to the interview.
What words would you want etched on your tombstone ?

Pepperoni and cheese, just so everyone walking by could have a good laugh.

Thank you for joining me today and I would like to wish you all the best in future endeavours.



SYNOPSIS:

Sandra Ashton is a witch who suddenly finds herself dating three vampires. So, what do you do when you’ve got three immortal beings professing their undying or is that undead love for you? You agree to what they like to call, “joint custody.”

WARNING !!! This book contains graphic language, violence, and lots of sex.

This book was previously published. It has since been revised, re-edited, and expanded.


1 comment:

Tracey H. Kitts said...

Thank you for letting me be your guest today. :) This interview was so much fun! I hope everyone laughs as hard as I did about the erotic bit with the Wolfman. LOL