Saturday 18 February 2012

3 Choices (in pictures)

Returning to the dilemma I am faced with of having three choices for my right leg/foot today I bring a pictorial look at my options, so everyone can see what I will be left with.




PANTALAR FUSION


SYME'S AMPUTATION


TRANS-TIBIAL (BELOW-KNEE) AMPUTATION

Each choice has it's pro's and con's and wildly different recovery times, and currently I am leaning towards the trans-tibial amputation as if further in the future anything goes wrong with the other two choices I will have to be amputated anyway, so why not just get it out of the way as soon as possible. The only thing is I have grown quite attached to my foot over the last 40+ years and, even though it is pretty fucked, I would be sorry to see it go. (I wonder if they will preserve it, put it in a glass display case and let me bring it home).



1 comment:

Kellie Kamryn said...

Very tough choices to make. I'm sure you'll choose the right one for you.