Monday 7 August 2023

I'm trying

 I've actually tried to start writing again, and here's what I've produced so far.


Opening the bedroom curtains I stood in just my boxer shorts, as I’d just dragged my carcass out of bed and hadn’t bothered to get dressed yet, stared outside, and wasn’t the least bit surprised when I saw the sky was as black as ink, and it was absolutely pissing it down with rain. Watching as the rainwater rushed towards the junction at the bottom of the road like a fast-moving river I could only hope that, as the day went on, the skies would brighten, and the rain would eventually stop.

Then again I could have guessed that the weather would be awful as I was supposed to be going on my first date in over six months, and the place I was supposed to be meeting the most beautiful woman I had ever set my eyes on wasn’t anywhere as simple as a cafĂ©, restaurant of cinema, or even the only place we had ever seen each other, which was the town’s nightclub, but then Isabelle was the total opposite of any woman I had ever dated in my life.

She was pale skinned, had a few tattoos, long, jet black, hair, emerald-coloured eyes and was at a guess a size fourteen to sixteen, not that size mattered to me. She also always wore dark-coloured clothing and had insisted that, if she was going to let me see her away from the club, our first date would start in the one place I would never have expected to be high on a list of anyone's first dates, the cemetery.

I had tried to talk her out of it, as the cemetery was one of my most hated places in the world to be in. In fact I had only ever been in three in my whole life and that was only because of family funerals, and even then I had left them as soon as I could, but Isabelle had insisted, as she had said that when she wasn’t clubbing she preferred the peace and quiet and so the last time I saw her, three nights earlier, she had told me the date and time to be there and I either did as she asked or I would never see her again, and that was something that I wasn’t prepared to let happen. 

1 comment:

Lady Gina Kincade said...

Good to see, my friend. Keep going! xo