Friday 14 December 2012

Flash Fiction Friday: The Return



Welcome Creatures of the Night to yet another Flash Fiction Friday. Along with a number of other talented authors each week we are given one picture and challenged to write not more than 100 words for your enjoyment.


The Return

I had been walking through the cave system alone for what felt like hours, going deeper and deeper underground, so another male was the last thing I expected to find.
Muscular and tanned his body shimmered from the sunlight behind him, sunlight that shouldn't have been there and as he beckoned me to follow him I felt powerless to resist.
“Where are we going?” I eventually asked as we finally stepped from the caves, into a scene straight from the fantasy art I adored.
“Home,” was the only word he uttered as he slipped his fingers into mine.

JSMorbius2012

Now you have seen what I have to offer I hope you take the time to visit all my friends and read their offerings as well.

http://flasherfictionfriday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/14-december-2012.html


Thank You


3 comments:

Lady Gina Kincade said...

Hmmm, I like this. Could be the start of an interesting journey...

Naomi Shaw said...

What a lovely flash. I must agree with Lady G, this could lead to something special

Benjamin T. Russell said...

Wow, this one leave at LOT to the imagination. An unknown stranger, instant attraction and the mysterious word - home. I agree with Gina, this could be the start of a very interesting journey.